Agricultural sprayers have made life much easier to landworkers and farmers. Having available one can help to a great extent to improve the performances and the production of your land plot. In this entry we suggest you reading 5 points to be considered before buying one sprayer and if this matter is new for you, this article will give you the basics to know how to start.
1. How are you going to use your sprayer?
The agricultural sprayers can mainly be trailed (with its own wheels) or liftmounted on tractor. They can also be self-propelled (when they have their own traction). It is important when choosing an agricultural sprayer to think on long term basis and bear on mind the dimensions of your land plot, as the extension of this one will determine the degree of sophistication needed in your equipment.
2. Know about the parts of your agricultural sprayers
The pump is the part of the agricultural sprayer which moves the product or broth to be sprayed. The tank, on its side, contains the broth, and it is the stirrer what keeps the broth moving inside the tank. There are also the filters and valves, which regulate the pressure; the controls as well, which can be hand-operated or work electronically, or be replaced too by a computer controlling device.
3. Which sort of culture do you want to treat?
The agricultural sprayers are different in their mechanical structure, depending on the kind of the phytosanitary product that is used and on the kind of culture to be treated. We can find:
- Vineyard sprayers or pneumatic sprayers: These are used to spray crops by means of a focalised and selective treatment, mainly, in vineyards or crops with medium dimensions, saving the highest possible amount of product.
- Mistblowers or air-blast sprayers: The mistblowers are sprayers which are normally used to treat orchards and big or thick-leaved trees. They work applying a proportional mixture of air and phyto-sanitary product which is thrown towards the mass of the foliage. The mixed product with the air flow with turbulence results in full coverage of all inner and outside parts of the treated plant.
- Herbicide or hydraulic sprayers: They are known as herbicide due to their manufacture in order to treat the field surface and small-sized row crops (i.e. cereal) with herbicide products.
4. Bear in mind the accessories you will need
You should get well informed about the needed accessories for a good and correct use of the machine and for getting the most of its performance according to your needs. Among the most important accessories we can find the mistblowers' deflectors, which allow a more focalised spraying and, therefore, a more effective treatment with less drift and more product saving.
5. Schedule in advance your tasks to solve out troubles with your sprayer
Some usual problems you could come across eventually when you use an agricultural sprayer are obstructions, excessive or scarce spraying, trapped air, lack of pressure, too low air or water flow, among others. Some will have their original cause in the inside of the sprayer itself. Therefore, a good practice is to check periodically the machine and to replace parts which can be deteriorated by usage, as for example the nozzles. Other problems will have its source in reckoning mistakes: whether human or concerning programmation.
We wish this article had been useful to you and remember that you can contact us at any time to receive personalized advice by simply clicking on this link.